Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I Picked Up Garbage On The Beach With The LA Dodgers

Early this morning, I took the bus to Santa Monica (a suburb of Los Angeles which is also my city of birth) to pick up garbage on the beach with the LA Dodgers. I'd previously picked up garbage on the beach as a student at VGW, but the LA Dodgers hadn't been involved until now. The Dodgers there were legion. Among the current Dodgers included outfielder #27 Matt Kemp (whose brother is autistic and is dedicated to curing the disease), shortstop #15 Rafael Furcal (a native of the Dominican Republic who was an All Star in 2010), outfielder #10 Tony Gwynn Jr. (the son of the legendary Hall of Famer who was just signed this past offseason), outfielder #31 Jay Gibbons (a known steroid user who was acquired by the Dodgers late last year, his first MLB action since 2007), and outfielder #35 Gabe Kapler (a Jew whom the Dodgers recently signed as a non-roster invitee). Former retired Dodgers included outfielder #15 Shawn Green (a Jew who would always refuse to play on Yom Kippur), first baseman #6 Steve Garvey (a member of the legendary Dodgers infield during the 1970s), pitcher #34 Fernando Valenzuela (a native of Mexico who pitched a no-hitter in 1990 and is currently a Spanish-language broadcaster), #30 Daryl Thomas (whom I'd previously never heard of), and "Sweet" Lou Johnson (a member of the 1965 World Series champions, I couldn't see his number because he was wearing a jacket; it may've been 41 but I'm not sure. Fernando also had a jacket on but I already knew his number). Also there was radio broadcaster Charley Steiner, whom I believe is Jewish and was also one of the original broadcasters at ESPN in 1979. We all had a fun time picking up garbage. My group was lead by Rafael Furcal and Shawn Green. We picked up 8 pounds of garbage, but the winning group picked up 30. They were led by Gabe Kapler and "Sweet" Lou Johnson. There was also a raffle afterwards, but I didn't win anything. I did perfectly well around normal people, and I did not flip out. I don't think anyone even knew that I was autistic. The event was filmed for the Time Warner Cable channel "Dodgers On Demand" and was broadcast on the radio by AM 570 KLAC. They also took a group photo, so I am in that and I may be seen On Demand as well.

23 comments:

A better future for all said...

Oliver

I have a question for you. By biblical and Godly standards do you believe our American society is morally bankrupt, corrupt, and depraved?

Do you see many similarities between sodom and gomorrah and America today? Yes or No.

MY SPY said...

And you're one of them, Oliver.

Socrates said...

"Straight" not "Strait"!

A better future for all said...

Oliver, I am going to assume that the answer to my first question is yes.

If American society is morally bankrupt, corrupt, and depraved then I am going to ask then why do you insist we aspergians comform to a society that is morally bankrupt, corrupt, and depraved?

What if the American people are encouraging others to lie and cheat to get ahead? If this is so why would you want to comform to what you find morally repugnant to you?

What if our country is truly filled with violence and depravity? Would you comform to this my friend?

Oliver, we live in a country in which no one trusts each other's word. I want to be able to live in a country in which I can give my word as a gentleman and it is as good as gold. Don't you?

Even if ND is wrong and cure is the way to go does it mean that we should comform to a society that is depraved. In fact, if you do not have sex by a certain age the people here make you feel like shit. Do you not see that there is something is wrong here?


http://cheetahchottah.blogspot.com/2010/04/18-year-old-virgin.html

This is not an NT vs Aspergian thing. This isn't a ND vs. cure thing. This is a depravity thing. You are a victim of sodom's depravity if you catch my metaphor here.

Oliver, we're dealing with bigger things here then cure vs. ND. Take a look around you my friend.

MY SPY said...

You're gay. Sue me. Like Socrates said, start spelling straight correctly. A "strait" is a body of water only.

MY SPY said...

"Strait" is a body of water ONLY. "Straight" is the spelling you want. I await your paperwork, coward. It will be a pleasure to show the court how gay you are.

MY SPY said...

Strait is ONLY a body of water!!!! Straight is a line AND not gay.

MY SPY said...

Straight, you fuckhead!!

MY SPY said...

That's not how you spell it! Spell it right, or you'll be laughed at forever.

MY SPY said...

Sexual orientation is spelled the same way as a line or arrow, doofus!! The other is ONLY a body of water!

MY SPY said...

You failed at school and they let you pass. No clue at all.

MY SPY said...

Like I said. You failed at school and they let you pass.

MY SPY said...

They gave it to you to get rid of you. You didn't earn it. You have no honor.

MY SPY said...

I've been reading your blog and I know that they regarded you as a troublemaker. POWNED!

MY SPY said...

Wrecking havoc equals troublemaker. I was talking about both schools. They both wanted you out and the only way they could do that was give you what you needed to get a diploma. If they liked you they would have wanted you to stay!

Anonymous said...

You have an IQ of 78. They had to let you through!

MY SPY said...

If both schools wanted you to stay, Oliver, you would have stayed. You left because you couldn't stay. You said that yourself. There's only one explanation that can make sense of that. They passed you to get rid of you.

MY SPY said...

You can't graduate in six fucking months, liar!

MY SPY said...

VGW was not a high school. It was a special ed school.

MY SPY said...

VGW belongs to the Help Group, right? Or were you lying about that? The Help Group runs special ed schools.

POWNED AGAIN!

MY SPY said...

A special ed high school.

MY SPY said...

No special ed high school has full academic credit. If it did then you wouldn't have needed to go to Uni High.

MY SPY said...

olivercanby.blogspot.com