Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Bowl XLV

I'm mostly a baseball fan, but I do watch football as well, and I don't know a single American who doesn't watch the Super Bowl, so I feel I must report on this. The Green Bay Packers defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers by a score of 31-25. The game took place at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. The Packers led 21-3 at one point, but the Steelers made it close and turned it into an exciting game. The Packers won their 4th Super Bowl ever, behind only the Steelers as well as the Dallas Cowboys and San Francisco 49ers. This was their first Super Bowl since they controversially dumped Brett Favre in favor of Aaron Rodgers, which turned out to be the right decision. They also won the first ever Super Bowl under coach Vince Lombardi, after whom the Super Bowl trophy is named. Aaron Rodgers was named the MVP. The Packers are the only team in America that is publicly traded, meaning that 180,000 owners just won the Super Bowl.

The Black Eyed Peas performed at halftime, becoming the first non-classic rock band to perform since Janet Jackson showed her boobs in 2004, which was also the last time it was played in Texas. Reviews were mixed, but they were way better than Christina Aguilera, who badly fucked up the lyrics to our National Anthem.


I was rooting for the Packers, only because the Steelers have been dominant in recent years. But during the regular season, I do not have a team to root for because LA has lacked an NFL team since the mid-1990's when the Rams moved to St. Louis and the Raiders moved to Oakland. There is currently a major push underway to build an NFL stadium downtown (Farmer's Field) so that one and possibly two NFL teams could relocate to LA. The two most likely to relocate at this point are the San Diego Chargers (who play in an old, antiquated stadium) and the Minnesota Vikings (whose roof fell down during a snowstorm in December). The goal is to get the stadium built by 2015 so that it can host Super Bowl L, which would be the semicentennial of which the first was in LA as well.

Perhaps one reason why I follow baseball more than football is due to the fact that we have a local team. We have one within our city limits, two within our metropolitan area, and five within our state. I am a Dodger fan (not an Angel fan because they bullshit everyone about where they actually play), but perhaps if an NFL team moved here I would be a fan of them as well. Baseball has a much longer season than football, as its teams play 162 games a year instead of only 16. Baseball also plays every day, while football plays only once a week. There are some positives of not having a team, though. We never get blackouts, and most of the games on TV involve good teams rather than some shitty local team. Some people say that the NFL really doesn't want a team in LA because then it couldn't be used as a bargaining chip to build stadiums in other cities. There might not even be an NFL season next year due to a labor lockout.

Anyway, football season is over now, but there is good news on the horizon, because pitchers and catchers start reporting to Spring Training next week.

38 comments:

Damon Gough said...

Re: your 100th post.

I did NOT walk off the stage because you were Autistic. I walked off the stage because I'm a homophobe.

Comedian Andrew Ackner said...

That wasn't me, Ollie.

Comedian Andrew Ackner said...

And it's 8 oclock in Michigan when it's 5:02 in California. Would a lazy, Jewish pothead like myself really be up at such an early hour? Think. I'm in bed at 4 AM and up at 1 PM on most days dude.

Comedian Andrew Ackner said...

Or, Michigan has a population of slightly less than 10 million and it could've been anybody else who isn't a lazy Jewish pothead like myself who's never awake at 8 AM.

MY SPY said...

You mean you're in no mood to provide proof that he's lying. Your usual form.

MY SPY said...

Doesn't mean he posted. Won't stand up in court, liar.

The Culprit said...

I can prove he's a lying prick, Truthmeister.

One, I live in Jacksonville, Florida. Two, I used the link on Truthmeister's blog (hence the reason why I posted on this thread and not the thread I was referring to) so he just assumed it was me and ran with it. (Like any good Republican) He was wrong. I did not come up on Oliver's stat counter as a Michigan resident or as Andrew Ackner because I am neither of those.

The Culprit said...

Actually that wasn't a Freudian Slip. Initially when I typed out my comment it was very verbose. So the "me" was from another sentence that I had condensed into two. Unfortunately in the process I had deleted the him instead of the me.

Also I'm not a Jags fan, I'm an Eagles fan (both the band and the team)I was born and raised in Philly. Just moved to Jacksonville recently. The name's Ari Miller.

I am not Andrew Ackner, Andrew apparently has a steak in this, whereas I do not. Me I'm just a hobby troll. My friend Ricky Brabbant told me you are a very fun kid to troll because he's trolled your blog in the past and enjoyed himself a lot. Me, I'm actually finding you quite boring.

The reason you did not find Jacksonville on your stat counter is because I used the link from Truthmeister's blog, that hid me. You say you saw somebody from Michigan. I don't know what Andrew's story is. Maybe he was viewing your blog when I posted. Idk why he would've claimed to be sleeping if all he did was view. Maybe you were lying about seeing him on your stat-counter. That's what I think went down but I don't really care one way or the other. Or maybe it's a big mish-mash where both of you are lying about certain things. I don't know and I don't care.

Also about the Republican Party. I'm a proud member of the Party. Although I'm really pissed at Papa Bear for his despicable behavior interviewing Obama at The Superbowl. Yeah Obama hasn't done a good job, but the man is the President and O'Reilly's disrespect towards him and the behavior of certain members of The Party is really embarrassing the G.O.P. in my book. Anyways I am a proud Republican I only made that comment about the Party to get in your head son, you need to learn how to keep things together.

Adios, Mr. Morose.

MY SPY said...

Oliver spluttered; "I never said I would be going to court on this matter. Not only woul I not have a claim, but it would be a waste of my time anyway."

Then don't make the claim to start with!

Comedian Andrew Ackner said...

Fuck off. I was sleeping.

MY SPY said...

Oliver vented; "That doesn't mean I have to prove it in a court of law."

Yes it does. That's the ultimate test of the truth, if Andrew decides to sue you for these lies.

Comedian Andrew Ackner said...

I think you're bullshitting about my IP showing up on there brosif. Just an educated hunch.

MY SPY said...

You'd better believe it, dummy. How about you check StatCounter for Korea right now? It won't show up. And just in case you still think I'm that other idiot, that other place won't show up either unless someone else is looking from there.

MY SPY said...

I was born in West Virginia, fuck wit!! I'm here for work!!

MY SPY said...

You heard the saying "When in Rome"? They use non American spelling where I work so I fit it! I came here because there aren't any jobs in America right now!!

MY SPY said...

If I hadn't changed my spelling habits I would have been killed.

MY SPY said...

They speak both, and fitting in was part of the deal for being allowed to apply for work here. The killing threat didn't come from the government.

MY SPY said...

You're an idiot! English is spoken in every fucking country in the world! I am a resident so I can work.

MY SPY said...

You really are cultural bigot aren't you? They speak English here as well as Korean. They speak English in Japan, China, every other Asian country, every other European country, every African country....hey what about South Africa? You have no fucking idea, idiot! Oh and a green card is American and American only.

MY SPY said...

So what language do Nelson and Winnie Mandela speak? Zulu?? What about FW De Clerc? What about anyone in South Africa who pushed Apartheid? Hey, what about India? Ever heard of Ghandi? What about Mexico? Need I say more? Hey, religion freak, what about the Pope?? How about Hussein??

MY SPY said...

And they all speak fucking English as well, fuckhead!! What is wrong with you anyway?? Whoa, the Pope speaks GERMAN! No one speaks Latin in general conversation today!

MY SPY said...

So in other words, I was right from the start and you were wrong.

MY SPY said...

And you admitted that they speak English as well! English is spoken in every country in the world! Even when it's not the first language! What about the Egyptian protestors as another example? Huh? Huh? Huh?

MY SPY said...

You never saw the fucking reports on the uprising obviously!

MY SPY said...

They spoke ENGLISH! How the fuck could the reporters have understood them if they hadn't?? You didn't even see the reports! ADMIT IT!!

MY SPY said...

You didn't see the reports. That's fucking obvious!

MY SPY said...

You're lying. All the reports I saw showed locals speaking English to reporters. You are a xenophobe and need to be bashed up.

MY SPY said...

http://www.youtube.com/
watch?v=aKlCS-ROnwU

THREE Egyptians spoke English - from the news service YOU watched!!

MY SPY said...

I dare you to accuse ABC News of that!

MY SPY said...

You're dumb! Wacka Dawson is right. You're on track to becoming a psycho!

Anonymous said...

You are a psycho now with an IQ of 78.

MY SPY said...

Wacka Dawson has reviewed your shit really well. How about you do a post refuting it? Or are you scared to do it because it will make you look even more dumb. I'm going to find more You Tube material showing Egyptian protestors speaking English and link you in a couple of days. Then you'll have to admit that you're wrong.

MY SPY said...

Nope. He didn't twist a bleep. He did a tremendous job taking you to pieces and I might just contact your local authorities and tell them about it. Or maybe they already know thanks to that 'Officer' anon.

MY SPY said...

Yes you do because he has put your name out there and challenged your credibility. You have to respond because if you don't people will believe what he says on top of what all the anons are saying here.

MY SPY said...

Kentucky is being cited by a known enemy of your side of the argument according to your friend Jonathan. I saw that someone checked out the Long Beach cite, and there was no such paper.

MY SPY said...

According to the source I saw, Aspie Al was mocking you. I contacted Bev Harp, and she told me her study was about idiots who believe in a cure.

MY SPY said...

He was making fun of you. I did contact Bev Harp and she is still pro neurodiversity. Yes her study is about Autistic bloggers. About bloggers who are the biggest liars ever.

MY SPY said...

olivercanby.blogspot.com