Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Aspergian Chic Found Alive In Florida

Well, the news headlines that an 11-year-old Aspergian chic in Florida had been missing for 4 days without her drugs have come to a positive end, as she has been found alive by a fellow churchgoer. Everybody, including me, thought this had been a child abduction but it was apparrently her parents not taking proper care of their child despite knowing she was gravely disabled and on drugs. Parents, don't let your autistic child run off like that. Make sure your doors are locked at all times and make sure your child is never out of the house unsupervised. I'll never forget one time prior to my diagnosis. I was 4 years old and vacationing in South Carolina when I decided to run off the porch of the house that we were staying in and settle in a yard a couple of houses away. I was smart enough not to run across the busy highway to the beach, and had I done that I'd be dead for sure, but being 4 years old and Aspergian (albeit undiagnosed), I had no idea that if you left your house that they'd be filing an AMBER alert. I was found safely within minutes but I caused quite a scare, and was told never to run off again. However, this chic in Florida was never told so by her parents and they didn't adequately protect her, so it's they're own damn fault. I bet they just faked the abduction story to cover their asses from charges of child negligence.

No comments: