Tuesday, March 30, 2010

An Influx Of Traffic

I noticed yesterday that many people who Googled Ari Ne'eman came across my blog, probably because of the recent New York Times article. Among these people included the Autism Society of America, UMBC (Ari Ne'eman's college), and a household on Long Island, which is where Ari Ne'eman grew up. I would just like to say that if any of these people have any connections at all, please come forward and get me an interview with a mainstream media outlet such as Larry King. I believe I have a lot to offer and I also have an agenda to promote. The sad thing is, the liberal mainstream media doesn't care about us. They only care about "neurodiversity." I need my views heard not just for me but for all pro-cure autistics, so we can get the funding we deserve. Senator Sessions has certainly taken a step in the right direction, but we need a hell of a lot more than that. Anyway, it seems that the public has somewhat come to its senses on neurodiversity, and let's hope they come around completely and give me an interview on Larry King.

5 comments:

jonathan said...

I agree, Oliver, you would make a great anti-neurodiversity spokesperson. It is hard to get media attention. Ari Ne'eman's mom was a translator for the Israeli priminister and has done work for the media so he probably has connections that helped him get a lot of media attention.

I wish you could get on Larry King or some other show and talk about how awful ND is, though I don't think it is probable they will give you equal time, I wish you the best of luck in that endeavor.

Unknown said...

Oliver,

I think you have a great idea. Autistics with different perspectives should have the RIGHT to SPEAK in the media.

On the other hand, I do not feel comfortable making contact with Larry King. King has stated that autistic adults, such as you and I, don't exist.

If you are interested, I would consider appearing in the mainstream media with you. Another possibility is to contact "Good Morning America" and find out what their policies are.

Is it possible to contact you in another medium (e-mail, instant messenger, or phone)?

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Regards,

Katie K., adult autistic who wants funding to go to community supports, research into treatments and cures for autistic people regardless of specific autism diagnosis.

Unknown said...

Oliver,

I apologize if I wasn't clear, but I am open to any media outlet.

What "agenda" are you trying to "promote?" I'm asking because I don't have an "agenda." My goal in the media would NOT be to "promote" anything.

I am interested in sharing MY experiences and opinions as an adult who happens to be autistic and supports medical treatments and hopefully someday a cure. I have no political mission.

Regards,

Katie K.

Anonymous said...

CNN won't promote anti Autism unless they get paid for it like Jenny McCarthy did.

Unknown said...

Oliver,

I'm curious why you "publish" comments from a "Sockpuppet."

Regards,

Katie K.