Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year, New Attitude

Well, not really. I just said that for the sake of the title. My attitude in 2011 will be virtually the same as it has been throughout the latter half of 2010. My New Year's resolution for 2010 was to finally lose my virginity (which has been my life's mission since late 2006), but that did not pan out, obviously. It had also been my resolution for 2009, but I thought it was likely more realistic in 2010, which was the year that I reached legal adulthood and therefore no longer had to worry about Megan's law when it came to getting laid. Of course this will once again be my resolution for 2011, but it'll be more dire this time. In 2010 it was like "I hope it happens, but whatever," and in 2009 it was more like "It's a longshot, but I still hope it happens." For 2011, it'll be more like, "it has to happen, or else." I honestly don't know what I'll do if I'm still a virgin at the end of 2011. Perhaps I'll commit suicide. My autism still hasn't been cured, and is unlikely to be anytime in the near future. Therefore, I feel my best odds are to try to get laid as an autistic person (a daunting task in itself) rather than wait on a cure, of which the odds are near zero, especially for someone as high-functioning as me. My parents are now encouraging me to "move forward in life" (i.e. get a job, go to college, do anything but be a lazy ass and write an autistic blog), and I kind of agree with them, except that I'm too god damn lazy to put any plans into action. That is called an executive dysfunction problem, and it has been greatly discussed by Jonathan Mitchell. Anyway, that's a bit off topic. The main point is that the primary reason why I haven't done aynthing over the past year is laziness and not autism, or social anxiety although that is also a somewhat significant factor as well. If I went to college, I could potentially get laid there, but my horrendous experience in a normal high school has kind of turned me off of education. Working can sometimes be a way to score chix, but one of my social skills teachers at VGW told me never to fish off of my own pier. The only way not to get laid is to act like Christian Weston Chandler, but I think I have that covered pretty well. As long as I don't get arrested, I'm in the clear.

1 comment:

jonathan said...

well happy new year anyhow