Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Shanah Tova!

Today is Rosh Hashanah, which is the Jewish new year. For Jews, it is now the year 5771, which supposedly dates back to when the world was created. On the Jewish calendar, it is Tishrei 1, not September 9. On the Jewish calendar my birthday is Nisan 7, 5752 as opposed to April 10, 1992. My bris occurred on Passover, so I always know that Passover is 8 days after my Jewish birthday. The calendar varies from year to year as it is lunisolar, while our calendar is completely solar. This is the first year I won't be going to Temple Isaiah, because my family decided to quit this year. My mom wants me to go to the Laugh Factory, but I don't see a point in worshiping at a comedy club. Anyway, I'd like to wish a Happy New Year to all the Jews out there, and Shanah Tova!

1 comment:

QuoteDaAutieNevermore said...

Make up your mind, is Jesus your savior or are you just a yid like the rest of us?

Jeweyism is way cooler. We're like the Italians, have you ever met an Italian who wasn't really cool? There's no such thing as a Jew who isn't cool.