Friday, January 21, 2011

Autism and Surfing

Most people who live in Southern California have gone surfing at least once in their life, but not me cause I have autism. Because my autism precludes me from being around normal people, I cannot go surfing as a result. This is tragic, because every human being should have the right ot go surfing. Therefore, I am asking for a cure. If I didn't have autism anymore, I would be allowed to go surfing without being scrutinized and stared at. For now, I must stick to concerts and baseball games, because going surfing is off limits, just like going to college or working. I need to be cured of my autism. End of story.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a group that helps people with autism go surfing

Anonymous said...

Hi
I am back with the link
http://www.surfershealing.org/

Landon Bryce said...

Response here:
http://thautcast.com/drupal5/content/young-aspies-should-be-you

I apologize for making you go to my blog, but there are pictures and videos (surfing, stripper, pancakes).

Unknown said...

I actually know the guy who runs Surfer's Healing (and even frieded him on FB). It has been a long time, but I used to be in his son's second and third grade classes. I adored the kid's passion in surfing, and from what I have seen in the videos, he seems to have made good progress in his speech, and he is aware of himself being on the spectrum.

Sure, Surfer's Healing is associated with Autism Speaks, but I still support their efforts, because a surfing camp in of itself is definitely not a normalization treatment. It is a way to help kids relax and enjoy a hobby, even become obsessed with it.