Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Occupy Neurodiversity

Among autistic people, there are about 1% who support "neurodiversity" and don't want to be cured. The other 99%, like me, think autism is a horrible disease and feel that a cure is necessary. Yet why is it that only the top 1% control everything? Between Big Pharma as well as the US government, they choose to fund neurodiversity to give everyone a false perception of autism, despite the fact that 99% of autistic people want to be cured. Unlike the Occupy Wall Street people, who are capable of voicing their displeasure, over 80% of autistic people are also mentally retarded and thus cannot adequately express their desire for a cure. Neurodiversity exploits this, and uses it to say that these poor nonverbal autistic people do not want to be cured, when anyone with eyes could see that that is pure bullshit. What can we do to change this? Well, I am starting a movement called Occupy Neurodiversity, where we will show this people who's really in charge and what autism really is.

4 comments:

jonathan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jonathan said...

Great analogy, Oliver!, I don't agree with everything in your post but you've got some good ideas. I hope you don't mind if I write a blog post about this and give you a shoutout on my blog.

jonathan said...

i've written the blog post and you can check it out. I guess you can delete one of my two comments,since it got printed twice inadvertently.

jonathan said...

never mind, I just deleted the first one and you can keep the second one.